Friday, April 19, 2013


sometimes i think i’ve got it
i think i’m doing so good and then..
i’m hit

i’m hit with the burdens of my expectations, my imperfections
i can’t seem to breathe
and just when i thought I’d learned to breathe deeper than ever

i panic, i cry, i get irrational, i don’t respond to things like i normally would

just when I think i’ll never breathe again
a breath of air floats my way
it floats so softly and gently that i almost miss it
i probably have missed it,
it’s been there all along i just couldn’t take it in
i couldn’t get my mouth to open or my body to inhale before

and now i can part my lips i can inhale as much as I can handle
my body begins to relax out of it’s panic
i’m not breathing as deep as i once was
But someday i’ll breathe deeper

“it is discovering Jesus, finding holy moments daily,
that will make us whole.”
– emily freeman “becoming his”

baby's breath

image - via pinterest

1 comment: