Wednesday, March 11, 2015


“I wrestled before the Lord to make my life whole.”

At times it seems an impossible, never ending feat.
I can't seem to see beyond my weakness, 
the horrors that come out and choke me till my vision blurs and my sight narrows to one glaringly obvious fact; 
I am broken, I am horribly, horrendously  bent and torn in places. 
Where are my pieces? 
Where can I find them? 
Who has them?
Something tries to persuade me:
"No one, no one can help you, you are alone and broken forever." 
Oh what despair, what darkness, what agony!
And then I remember, I remember; 
Christ has already suffered for my pieces, 
He holds them for moments when I am ready to see them.

And so I pray, I plead with my God and His intercessory, Christ.

Please, God make me whole.
Submit my will to yours, 
mold me, give me what I need, 
what Thou must to reshape me.
 Ohh but please make me worthy of this sacrifice Christ gave.

Please God, without thee, 
without thy cleansing power my soul dies 
and I have place for the enemy of my soul.
Stay with me, comfort me, strengthen me, 
make me what thou wilt, but please Lord, 
make me whole.

Thy strength has seen me through days past, 
thy love and comfort have enveloped me and given me peace. 
Please Lord, I pray stay with me again. 
Envelope me again. 
Reach out Thy hand and comfort me in my agony. 
Open my mind to the visions I have received in the past,
so that I might remember Thee and thy comfort."

Oh Lord thy strength is known to me but I feel so unworthy. 
But because of the atonement of Christ I know I have part. 
I know thou hast already given me strength, 
prepared a way for me to have strength on the merits of Thy love, 
on the merits of Christ's love 
and the redeeming and sanctifying power of the atonement. 
That strength, your love, is ready and waiting for me daily, 
moment by moment to partake.

And in my agony I look up, 
I reach up, 
I pray up to Him and miraculously I am comforted 
and I am made whole.

He suffered for my pieces so that I can be whole. 
The agony I feel in moments does not compare to His. 
His is beyond my understanding, 
but I can understand, in part, what it does for me, 
and I am immeasurably, completely and wholly grateful.

I am made whole.

"The agony of Christ"



No comments:

Post a Comment