Saturday, October 20, 2012


“where when my aching grows,
where when I languish,
where in my need to know, where can I run?”

a constant low drum
becoming a louder beat
i never noticed
the words had been drowned out..

gone

i forgot they’d even existed
how could i have?
when once not long ago they’d been so strong.

they fed my soul

what was I feeding on without the words?
a constant low drum
a loud beat

without realizing they’d been lost 
the words were given back to me

it stopped me in my tracks
my unknown aches surfaced and dissipated
they flew away
and tears of gladness, of solace sprung

arms outstretched, light so bright
words spoke to my soul

welcome


image via pinterest

1 comment:

  1. That is such a good reminder that He is always there for us through everything. And He knows exactly what we are feeling, even when we can't put it into words. But You are very good at putting it into words! If there is anything I can ever do for you, I am here to talk to:)

    ReplyDelete