Friday, August 31, 2012

"Judging is preventing us from understanding a new truth.
Free yourself from the rules of old judgments and create space
for new understanding"

i feel like i'm surrounded.

when we judge other people 
that's all we can see.

why do i have to worry about offending
another person when i did the best i could.

when what i did or do is because of my own 
choices, my own goals or my own insecurities.

what i chose to do had nothing to do with them,
sometimes it has something to do with them but not 
like they think, all i want to do is do the best that 


can

but how can i when i have to worry about someone
thinking worse of me for choosing my own path 
my own way and overcoming weakness.

i've learned that 


can't

i can't achieve my own path my own strengths 
if i worry what other people think 

so 


don't

most of the time
and when i forget to forget about others judgements
i have a slight melt down, i wake up in a cold sweat worried
but then i remember


did the best that i could and i still do the best that i can.
so who cares if other people don't like my style or what i eat
or how i write or that i don't cook or that i like to laugh at nothing
or sometimes okay all the time i say what i'm thinking and it sounds 
crazy..maybe a lot of the time
who cares that i like to close my eyes and dream, that i sing and pray 
all the time every where


care

that i like who i am i like that i'm weird and quirky and random
and grounded, insane but sane, indecisive but when it matters
more decisive then anyone i know


like 

me 

and that's all that matters, i'm not worried  about anyone else's life
i leave that to them, because when i look at others
like they are doing the best they can 

then i understand

i learn so much more about them, and people are willing to trust me
because i trust them, i'm realistic;

everyone is weak everyone is strong
and everyone has a different role to play and i like learning about them
and how they've played out so far

and i like to see how maybe they'll play out in the future.

so here's to eyes wide open, to understanding not judging

1 comment: