Tuesday, August 28, 2012



i'm trying to go somewhere,
come if you want but here's to somewhere

one day my somewhere will have a name
but until then here it is... 
365 days of it

writing whatever floats in or out or passes by.. 



where are you going I ask
why won’t you stop and look at me
why wont you see me for who I am
not for who you want to me to be
when will you realize
realize that what you hope to see is what I’ve seen all along
every day you see what you want to see
not what’s really there
sometimes you look a little longer dig a little deeper
but not when it counts
when it counts you skim you shield eyes that would see
and recognize what you really are what you really could be



being
hoping that one-day being won’t merely be being anymore
but that
being
will become something more
something like
living, breathing,
soaring
soaring beyond bounds
soaring
so far and so long and so joyously
that
being
once a nightmare becomes a wisp of regret



too many things running
so many things stalling
stopping
running
where do they go when stopping, running or stalling
are no longer an option
do they drift in the outer reaches of my brain
never to be seen again
do they disintegrate into nothingness after all my somethings
consume them




skimming the surface
it seems satisfying
why though?
when I can’t accept it
it doesn’t satisfy it scratches at my insides
till I feel I’ll go crazy with wanting to
dive into the depths
depths that so many seem satisfied
never skimming



if something happened that you only ever thought about
what would you do
Would you just think about it some more
would you rashly act
or would you know before no matter what happened
what you would do?

I like to think about what
I know I would do.




I woke up this morning wondering what the day
would bring
sleep is almost here and I’m still wondering what the day
has brought




staring at the interplay of shadow and light I wonder
when did the shadows meet the light
when I blinked when I was too busy to notice
eventually the light is devoured by dark
will I be this way?
will I blink or be too busy to notice?
will I be left staring at the interplay of a shadow?




sometimes I’m running
sometimes I’m still
or far away or near
but most disturbing of all
is when I’m crawling

crawling with head down
trying desperately to reach
but seemingly never reaching 
that distant horizon
again
so that I can be still





No comments:

Post a Comment