Sunday, August 26, 2012


today i found myself confronted
not by anything mortal or that
the eye could see,
but with something more infinitely important

pride

i found it in the oddest of places, sitting in a pew
in a black dress listening to my thoughts

to say i was shaken was an understatement.

i’ve been in this situation before but this time
i saw my thoughts for what they were,

pride

it was almost unbearable this reckoning this 
realization that i could be so weak and petty as 
to have the feelings and thoughts i had,
my breath was knocked from me i silently rocked 
back and forth tears forming, when all i wanted to do was
scream out my shame, tear out my hair, anything
anything but this awful knowledge of my own petty

pride

i prayed in my solitary agony surrounded by people
that God would take this from me.
take it and never let me feel my own foolishness and

pride

again.

confronted i was in despair, then an agony so strong that 
i shook from every fiber of my being, body and soul.

but as i prayed a light came and i knew
i knew that even though i had this pride i was still worthy
even though i saw my weaknesses and realized i’d never be
as great as I thought i’d be i saw that one day i could be better.

i saw that in my realization came understanding 
that one day God would hear this plea too and all my 

pride 

would be gone.


via-pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment